today was the day of my presentation to liz from manchester art gallery about the mary greg project and my ideas for platt hall. yesterday we all put our work up in the link gallery so she could see all the work together and it would be easier for us to present. i thought the presentation went well but i still find presenting anything hard especially today when my work isnt looking exactly how i want it to look. but she seemed to like the idea and liked my chatelaine for a grandma especially.
im glad to be able to change projects for a while now...this is the longest ive ever worked on a project and i just need a bit of time out! in the end ive not done anything involoving shorthand for mary greg but i still like the idea of using it so i think i will also stop this project for a bit until ive decided what direction to go next.
last night i started on a possible new project. in my room i found some old fashioned clothes pegs so decided to make some peg dolls. ive made 6 so far with little dresses and skirts made from felt. ive found th hair the hardest part to do, trying to get full head coverage and not leave and bald patches! my first doll had very little hair and pretty much no hair at the front of her head. this was soon sorted by adding a piece of ribbon as a head band. i want to contnue making dolls and i will make some male ones next. at the moment they have no faces becuase i think i will mess it up and spoil them. however, without their faces they look a bit more sinister. i'm thinking of making an animation or a photographed cartoon strip of these dolls and because of their lack of faces having them as like the hidden monsters in a house, spying on the humans, playing tricks on them etc. but this is early days and ill see what happens once ive made more of the dolls.
pictures to follow when my computer stop playing up!